Poison Tree by William Blake (Special Note for SPM Candidate) Malaysia Syllibus


Poison Tree by William Blake
I was angry with my friend:
I told my wrath,my wrath did end,
I was angry with my foe:
I told it not,my wrath did grow.

And I watered it in fears,
Night and morning with my tears;
And I sunned it with smiles,
And soft deceitful wiles.

And it grew both day and night
Till it bore an apple bright;
And my foe beheld it shine,
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole,
When the night  veiled the pole
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.
Image result for joker face

SPM just around the corner,and we still counting the days left around 36 days left.Neither we think about the suckin exams,without we realize our time that we have to spend with friends become short.So worth every seconds passing by with your friends.

Today I want to share my note about Poison Tree by William Blake to you guys.I know that you all were searchin this note all days  in the google but did you know all of the note in the internet not based in our Malaysia Form 5 syllibus and maybe the point that you read cannto be accepted.So by colloboration of me and my teacher,hope this note be quiet useful for us.Goodluck and pray for me guys :)

Meaning of the stanza

Stanza 1
I had a misunderstanding with my friend.I told my friend about my anger,I got over my wrath  and forgot it.But when I got angry with my foe,I did not tell him.I bottled up my wrath and it intensified.It grew like a plant.

Stanza 2
My anger grew like a tree.I nourished my anger-tree with anger,suspicion and hatred.I was suspicious and hatred.I suspicious of my foe and I was angry with him.But I tricked him to bring him closer to me.Outwardly,I smiled and I  was friendly to gain his trust.

Stanza 3
My "tree" was poisounous because it was full of anger,hatred and suspicion.Later,it bore a shiny poison apple.My foe saw it and kew it was mine.

Stanza 4
One night when there were no stars,my foe came into my gardenand stole my poison apple.He fell into my trap.He ate the apple and died.In the morning,I was happy to see him lying dead under my poison tree.

Tone
Anxious
Revenge
Angry 

Themes and Moral Value

Dangerous of harbouring wrath and hatred: We must not harbour wrath and hatred against anyone.

The dangerous of bottling up feelings: Bottling up ill feeling is bad for us and people those around us

Forgiving and forgetting : When there is a misunderstanding,we should forgive and forget.




Thats all,I hope it help a lot.Email me at khaidirkhaizuki@gmail.com for asking about more literature note for SPM.

 

Post a Comment

1 Comments